An Owl Is Born…

IMG_9922IMG_9954

I decided to make these cute little owls as an end of the year teacher’s presents. I chose an owl because my son is in ‘owls’ class. I hope the teachers will like their small gifts.

Both owls are made from the same pattern, but different threads/hooks. I used size 8 cotton thread and 0.75mm hook to make the ‘big’ owl and an ordinary polyester sewing thread and 0.4mm hook to make the tiny one.

free owl pattern is in my Ravelry store: here

Tree: with brown, make a magic ring, work in continuous spiral

1. 4sc into magic ring (4)IMG_9931
  2. inc, sc in each of next 3sts around (5)
  3. sc, sc, inc, sc, sc (6)
  4. inc, sc in each of next 5sts around (7)
  5. sc in each st around (7)
  6. repeat round 5.
  7. repeat round 5.
  8. repeat round 5.
  9. repeat round 5.
  10. inc, sc in each of next 6sts around (8)
  11. sc in each st around (8)
  12. repeat round 11.
  13. inc, sc in each of next 7sts around (9)
  14. sc in each st around (9)
  15. repeat round 14
  16. inc, sc in each of next 8sts around (10)
  17. sc in each st around (10)
  18. repeat round17.
  19. *inc, sc, sc, sc* twice (12)

Fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing, insert pipe cleaner and sew onto base, remember to embroider the roots

Leaf: with green, make a magic ring, 3sc into magic ring, ch2, ss in 2nd ch from hook and 3sc into magic ring, fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing

Base: here

This entry was posted in owls and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

36 Responses to An Owl Is Born…

1. Luesebrink says:

Hallo i wish a oil for mehr can i Bay this?
    Mfg Grit Luesebrink

2. Margaret says:

If I was the teacher of your son I would love to get this special gift. Thanks for sharing this pattern.

Have a nice weekend, Margaret

3. Cheryl Clay says:

I love the little lambs. Do you have a pattern for them?

4. Louise says:

How exquisite! Thank for your tutorials. I love your work! xox

5. Linda Janssen says:

Hello Uljana,
    Ik really like you little owl! Can you please explain how to make the little ears on the head? Ik don’t understand this part.
    Thank you very much!!!

6. Yvette Masullo says:

Wow, I’m a teacher! I wish the mom’s of my students would gift me something like this! (I teach high school…usually at this point, parents don’t much think of teachers any longer 🙁 )
    I guess I’ll have to try to do this myself!
    Great work. I love it and am inspired.

7. Anja says:

Thank you so much for these cute pattern! Love it 🙂
    Anja

8. Claire says:

I am a very lucky teacher as I have an amazingly talented parent to a child in my class who made me this as an end of year present too. Thank you so much for sharing the pattern. She inspired me to pick up a hook earlier in the year so I was browsing through Pinterest for summer holiday inspiration and arrived at your website. Now which pattern of yours shall I see if I can manage before the planning and marking starts again???
    Claire

9. Brigitte (France) says:

Hello,
    Thanks for the sharing
    Have a good day

10. I love your little owls I think they are beautiful I have been crocheting since I was 14 years old

11. Alicia says:

I didn’t strictly follow your directions, but I think you will like my owl. I’d post a picture here, but I can’t figure out how. So here’s a link:

12. Cassandra Johnson says:

Thankyou. I love your work .

13. Lisa says:

How do I get the patterns or get a book. I crochet and I would like to know how to make these.

14. Frances Helena Kelly says:

I have been looking at your little crochet things and think they are wonder full , am only learning to crochet, looking forward to trying them out,know the basic stitches

15. Marja says:

This is again very beautiful.. which size hook did you use for the tree?

16. María Cristina says:

Hermosísimos! Gracias por compartir!

17. Nicole says:

I really enjoyed making this Owl. Mine made me think of the old commercial…”how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?”

Capy and past link below to see my owl:

18. Natasha Dudley Vause says:

Hello. These owls are so adorable. I was wondering if I could have your permission to make the products and sell them. I Will tell everyone that the pattern came from you and I will not sell the pattern.